Climate XChange offers a unique workplace for those who believe that market-based tools like carbon pricing can make a difference in the fight against climate change.
To address this problem we will need a new generation of leaders. Climate change is an urgent problem. This new generation of leaders will have to be passionate, nimble, and prepared to work in a fast moving ever-connected world.
Working at Climate XChange will provide you the opportunity to grow as a professional and believe in the work you are doing. We offer opportunities to young professionals, career experts, and those looking to volunteer their time.
Please see below for open positions.
Carbon Pricing Volunteer Description
Position: Carbon Pricing Volunteer
Location: 131 Cambridge St., Boston, MA
Reports to: Research and Policy Director
Compensation: We can work with universities for credit
Duration: Approximately 6 months with 10+ hours a week
Start Date: January 2018 (exact date is flexible)
Climate XChange (CXC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was founded in 2013 by a group of concerned citizens who were frustrated by the lack of progress in the fight against climate change. The organization works on the cutting edge of climate policy– carbon pollution pricing. In 2016, CXC merged with the Climate Action Business Association (CABA), a nonprofit that addresses the climate crisis by organizing local business leaders to be more effective advocates on climate change.
We are entering a critical time in the Massachusetts legislative session and are looking to build momentum into a final push to pass legislation. As a volunteer, you will provide support to a team of staff who are managing a network of groups focussed on passing state-level carbon pricing policies both in Massachusetts and across the country.
Regular activities include:
- Networking with state carbon pricing campaign leaders to receive updates on campaign progress and proposed legislation
- Checking in with State Carbon Pricing Network members to make sure they have the resources they need and provide them with the appropriate materials and contacts to push their campaigns forward
- Creating monthly newsletters to send to State Carbon Pricing Network members
- Researching the latest policy developments
Other duties could include, as needed, writing educational documents and assisting with advocacy efforts.
- Interest in climate action and climate policy in Massachusetts
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication skills, including in-person, on the phone, and over email
- Able to work within a team
- Good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Preferred: Existing knowledge of climate policy in Massachusetts