State Climate Policy Network Intern, Summer 2022
The State Climate Policy Network (SCPN) is a network of more than 16,000 advocates and policymakers who are pushing for effective and equitable climate policies. It’s a critical part of our work and where collaboration and conversation across state lines take place.
As our SCPN Intern, you will work closely with our SCPN Manager and take on a wide array of responsibilities. You will conduct climate policy research, support our regular programming work, and play a critical role in bringing new people into the state climate policy movement.
Conduct climate policy research
- Conduct independent research project on state climate policy landscape and key actors.
- Support ongoing climate policy research projects.
Support programming work
- Work with SCPN Manager to promote monthly webinars and calls.
- Assist with compiling call notes and writing recap articles for webinars
Assist with membership management and outreach
- Conduct weekly outreach to bring new members into the network from a range of backgrounds, sectors, and states.
Relevant Experience, Skills
- Commitment to tackling the climate crisis in an equitable way
- Basic understanding of the climate landscape
- Ability to work remotely and be self-directed and organized
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Flexible and able to tackle multiple assignments simultaneously
Apply now if you want to:
- Improve your research, writing, and communication skills
- Develop your knowledge of the state-level climate policy landscape
- Engage in networking opportunities with government officials, sustainability experts, academics, and others in the climate space
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
Reports to: Kristen Soares, SCPN Manager
Job-Type: Part-time, 10-15 hours a week
Dates: Early-Mid June through August
Apply for this Job
Please submit the following application for our SCPN Internship. We will be in touch if you are selected to move forward to the next stage of the application process.