We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented person to join our Maryland team. As Climate XChange’s Maryland Organizer, you will have the skills, commitment, and passion required to advance the passage of carbon pollution pricing legislation, the Climate Crisis and Environmental Justice Act, in the 2023 Maryland General Assembly!
- Assist in building a broad-based, multi-sector, statewide coalition.
- Coordinate community and stakeholder participation to advance carbon pricing legislation in Maryland, including building relationships, mobilizing coalition members, and engaging constituents with their representatives.
- Plan and manage the campaign activities of volunteers.
- Coordinate the activities of the coalition steering committee, including its working groups in developing and executing field strategy and tactics to pass the Climate Crisis and Environmental Justice Act in 2023.
- Create and circulate a legislative sign-on tool for organizations and individuals in Maryland in support of carbon pricing legislation.
- Recruit key stakeholders from frontline communities that are most affected by climate change.
- Construct and distribute a monthly campaign newsletter in collaboration with the Regional Director and the CXC Communications team.
- Produce materials (e.g., press releases) for traditional and social media outreach.
- Maintain tracking documents and a database for all current and prospective coalition partners.
- Schedule and drive participation at coalition meetings.
- Record minutes and provide coordination support for campaign meetings.
- Participate in weekly staff and state coordination meetings.
Relevant Experience, Skills
- At least two years of professional or volunteer organizing experience including campaign planning and coalition building.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency working with diverse communities and organizations, and ability to work with people from a variety of social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage diverse projects simultaneously and multi-task.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to work independently as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard Windows applications. Expertise in managing Microsoft Excel and Google docs spreadsheets is preferred.
- Working knowledge of social media and digital communication is preferred.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Willing to travel when needed. A valid driver’s license is required.