Climate XChange offers a unique workplace for those who believe that market-based tools like carbon pricing can make a difference in the fight against climate change.
To address this problem we will need a new generation of leaders. Climate change is an urgent problem. This new generation of leaders will have to be passionate, nimble, and prepared to work in a fast moving ever-connected world.
Working at Climate XChange will provide you the opportunity to grow as a professional and believe in the work you are doing. We offer opportunities to young professionals, career experts, and those looking to volunteer their time.
Please see below for open positions.
State Climate Policy Network Fellows (Summer 2021)
State Climate Policy Network Spring Fellowship Application
Climate XChange (CXC) provides research, education, and advocacy tools to move the US towards a low-carbon economy. To achieve this, we conduct research, draft policy, author articles, and help leverage action confronting the climate crisis.
The State Climate Policy Network (SCPN) is a rapidly-growing project within the organization that includes more than 13,000 advocates and policymakers across the country who are pushing for effective and equitable climate policies in their states.. We help provide these individuals with the tools they need to advance their campaigns for strong and equitable climate policies.
Each semester, we hire State Climate Policy Network fellows to conduct research, provide media coverage, and bring new stakeholders into the conversation. Each fellow is assigned a US state and helps spearhead our research in that state.
At Climate XChange, we pride ourselves on our robust fellowship program, which seeks to provide a unique professional opportunity to all fellows while empowering individuals to advance the work of climate action in a substantial way. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, we encourage fellows to proactively suggest new projects that advance CXC’s goals and create opportunities for their professional growth.
- Tracking state-level legislation across the country and helping to create an inventory of bills
- Conducting policy analysis for internal reports and website articles
- Writing articles and blog posts for the Climate XChange website and weekly newsletter that reaches an audience of 15,000
- Researching political landscapes in different regions and synthesizing the information for CXC’s audience
- Reaching out to key stakeholders and bringing them into the network
- Joining an additional CXC team – options include Research, Communications, Massachusetts Campaign, and Maryland Campaign
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently after initial guidance
- Flexible and able to tackle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Attention to detail applied to research and written assignments
- Location: Remote
- Reports to: Noa Dalzell, State Climate Policy Network Director
- Compensation: $500 stipend
- Hours: 15 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Dates: May 3rd – August 20th
Apply now if you want to:
- Improve your research, writing, and communication skills
- Become well-versed in carbon pricing and climate policy
- Engage in networking opportunities with government officials, sustainability experts, academics, and others in the climate space
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Network with other students and professionals in this space
Join our Team!
Please fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to coordinate an interview for one of our positions.