State Climate Policy Network Intern, Spring 2022
We are Climate XChange, a diverse and talented team of people deeply committed to stopping climate change by achieving a durable and just transition away from polluting fossil fuels to a low-carbon economy. Our State Climate Policy Network is a network of more than 16,000 advocates and policymakers who are pushing for effective and equitable climate policies. It’s a critical part of our work and where collaboration and conversation across state lines take place.
As our State Climate Policy Network Intern, you will work closely with our SCPN Manager and take on a wide array of responsibilities. You will support our regular programming work, produce articles and blog posts on climate policy, and play a critical role in bringing new people into the state climate policy movement.
Support programming work
- Work with SCPN Manager to promote monthly webinars and calls.
- Assist with compiling call notes and writing recap articles for webinars.
Support SCPN articles and Spotlights
- Write articles for the Climate XChange website and weekly newsletter that reaches an audience of over 16,000
- Select, interview, and transcribe conversations with SCPN members on a biweekly basis.
Assist with membership management and outreach
- Conduct weekly outreach to bring new members into the network from a range of backgrounds, sectors, and states.
Relevant Experience, Skills
- Commitment to tackling the climate crisis in an equitable way
- Basic understanding of the climate landscape
- Ability to work remotely and be self-directed and organized
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Flexible and able to tackle multiple assignments simultaneously
Apply now if you want to:
- Improve your research, writing, and communication skills
- Develop your knowledge of the state-level climate policy landscape
- Engage in networking opportunities with government officials, sustainability experts, academics, and others in the climate space
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
Application Deadline: February 4, 2022
Reports to: Kristen Soares, SCPN Manager
Job-Type: Part-time, 10-15 hours a week
Dates: Mid-late February through May
Apply for this Job
Thank you for your interest in this position. We are no longer accepting applications.